Friday 12 April 2013

Dare To Be Yourself



You know, people... In the past few weeks I've been putting myself in some situations I know that are wrong and bring me no good. Situations like standing in front of a mirror and pointing all and every single flaw I reckon I own. I've been accusing myself for not looking like everyone expects me to, and this is causing me pain, frustration and guilt. As far as I'm concerned, no one's perfect. But this ''judging sessions'' of mine ignore this fact and emphasises that everybody is seeking for perfection. And I have to do this too. Furthermore, something keeps whispering into my mind that, of all the people that I know, I'm easily the one who has the greatest number of flaws. It's not about being pretty or not pretty. It's about feeling enough or, in many cases, not enough.
However, making a way through these harsh weeks gave me the opportunity to make my mind up about this little battle inside me and get everything to be clear. You know when you see a stunning person and wonder to yourself ''Oh my God, this person must be so happy, he/she is flawless!"? Yeah, I've happened to think to myself like that, too. Several times. But we're wrong. Being stunning isn't a synonym of being happy. I don't even know where we got this idea from. Another thing I always do is to compliment my beautiful friends and get answers like ''Oh, I wish'' or "C'mon, you must be kidding". I realized that a lot - and I might say - all of us are going through the same path: struggling to deal with who we are.
So, firstly, I had to face the fact that life isn't made to be perfect. Neither do we. And I decided that every time I looked in the mirror from that moment on, I would dare myself to be who I am. Dare myself to be okay. Dare myself to love me. And I came here to say that if you've ever felt the way I felt, you're not alone. Make a enjoyable way through life, do not struggle with it. Dare yourself to be who you are today, and find out that you're way way way better than you thought you were. Look at the mirror and smile, instead of getting disappointed with yourself for being the way you are. No, we're not perfect. But we really don't need to be.




1 comment:

  1. Howdy,,
    Im winny from Indonesia, im supported u in BBX,,
    wish us luck ;D
    I voted for ya too

    ReplyDelete